Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hello Goodbye

Hello real world, goodbye college. I am sad that the comfort of the college classroom is almost passed, but I feel ready and able to concur the public relations world. Thanks to the public relations concentration in the Mass Communication department at Georgia College & State University I feel prepared to become a professional. While in the concentration I learned how to:

1. contact the media and maintain a relationship with them
2. write an effective press release with little grammar mistakes and a catching lead
3. work with a team to execute a cohesive plan or idea
4. work for a client
5. present and assemble a pitch
6. maintain social media sites
7. publicize events
8. network
9. lead, plan, execute & evaluate a public relations campaign
10. make a campaign book

These skills will make myself marketable to an employer. All I need to take is senior seminar and I will hit the real world running. Armed with my best suit, portfolio & can-do attitude I enter the professional world in five months!!

1 comment: